Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Odds and ends

Things are slow this morning, so I thought I'd take some time to alert regular readers to a change I've made in the way posts are archived here at Random Pixels.

With over 2,000 posts in more than four years of posting, it can sometimes be a little tricky to find something specific.

I believe I've made that task a bit easier.

If you're in a hurry, there's still the search box in the extreme upper left-hand corner of the blog. Just type in a key word or two and hit "enter."


But if you've got some time on your hands and you're in the mood to browse, the newly re-configured Blog Archive is just what the doctor ordered.

You'll find it midway down the right-hand column - just below "Most viewed posts last 7 days."

Just click on the arrow to the left of the desired year.

And then click on the arrow next to the month you wish to browse and you're all set.


If you're new to the blog, this is a great way to look up old posts and get caught up on what I've done here.

If you're a regular reader who's been with me for a while, then this is a great time to thank you for sticking with me.

There's a lot of stuff vying for your attention on the Internet and I'm flattered and grateful that some of you make Random Pixels a part of your day.

In that vein, there are two readers I'd like to single out for a special thanks.

First, I'd like to thank John Nykolaiszyn who blogs at http://www.fastfoodhr.com/

John says he can't start his day without checking my blog first. Thanks, John! I'm honored!

Next is Johnny D. at the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Johnny recently moved back to Miami after working a few years at the Boston Globe.

Johnny is originally from Miami Beach and during his time in Boston he checked my blog on a daily basis to keep up with all the craziness.

Now, he's back and he still stops by. Last month, I noticed Johnny was reading the blog while he was vacationing in Germany. Said Johnny, "I follow your blog from around the world."

Now that's a loyal reader! Thanks Johnny!

Finally, let's wrap this up with a look at May's most-viewed posts.

With the exception of the post at the top of the chart, the other four were all related to Memorial Day weekend on Miami Beach. Interesting, but not surprising.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on anything you read here.

All comments must first be approved. Spam and spam links will not be tolerated or approved.